Munch has been working hard on his perfect summer ready body. Here are a few tips from King Munch himself on what had helped him arrive at a place of pre summer self love.
1. Everything in balance. If you are going to jump up and streal half a pizza from a counter top, make sure you follow up with a sneaky lick at some strawberry ice cream. Munch is adamant that strawberry ice cream counts as 1 of your 5 a day although not everyone would agree. Balance is everything.
2. Only surround your self with positivity. If the people around you don’t love you for who you are, they are probably not your people. If people don’t inflate Munch’s Ego to bursting point by telling him how sweet he looks, they probably won’t get a second glance from the drama King.
3. Embrace your style. Munch’s style is unique on many different levels. From looking like ‘an unusual Guide Dog’ to a non convincing Labradoodle to the untrained eye, Munch can seem more mysterious than run of the mill. Changing from Sashay, to a trot, to a bull like charge, Munch has mastered the art of metamorphosis to suit his surroundings.
4. Lead the way. Among his friends that he plays with each morning before work, he is the ring leader. He compassionately shows his friends the best escape routes to use, the most effective way to become chief ball thief and how to use doggy charm to secure you another ten minutes of play. Become the lead others want to follow.
5. Adapt to your situation. Munch’s harness has been getting a little bit snug on him recently so there was only one thing for it, a haircut. It was clearly his hair that was causing his ever shrinking harness and not his slightly curvaceous body so action was needed. This slight adaption would give him that extra time to get a few calorie fighting extra free runs in or possibly a new notch on his harness belt to allow a little more growth.
6. Get the work play balance right. Munch likes to get rewarded for the smallest amount of work. His sliding reward scale is forever evolving. Laying eyes on his harness, he wants a treat. Getting up off the floor in work to put his harness on to lead me out of the room, he wants some of my lunch. If we go on a walk where he is in harness for longer than half an hour, he wants a two hour free run. The bigger the work, the bigger the play
7. Love the skin you are in. A poster boy for body confidence, Munch never doubts his magnetic charm. Usually the biggest and clumsiest among his friends, he still thinks like an elegant Afghan Hound. Thudding his six stone physique on your lap, he enters his Cavaller king Charles Spaniel version of himself that entitles him to undivided attention. He is not a slave to the boundaries of size.
Subtlety is not his thing, but flamboyancey is. Getting ready for his summer body may not be the route celebrities take but I much rather his version and it seems far more fun so I know which route I will be following this summer.