If I started a pain appreciation club do you think anyone would join? Maybe I need to tell you the rules of the club first before you decide.
1. You must be able to accept that this pain that you are experiencing is here for a reason.
2. You must allow yourself to shout, scream, swear and shake at any given time when the pain is at its worse but when the pain eases even for the briefest of moments, you thank it for the break.
3. You must be able to believe that life will not always be like this as what can appear can also disappear.
4. You must know that there are many others in this world that have experienced the same pain as you and even greater pain and they may hold the key on how to help ease this pain in the most peculiar of ways.
5. You must be kind to yourself and allow all your feeling to be felt and never ignore them.
6. You must not only find the reason why the pain is here but also making the changes in your life that the pain is asking you to make.
7. You must learn new parts of yourself that you may have never met before.
8. You must never accept that there is only one way to heal as the best way to deal with pain is your own personal way,
9. You must thank the pain when you are ready for all the lessons that it has brought you.
10. You must know that there will be a different relationship with your pain when you learn to have a different relationship with yourself.
Whether physical or emotional pain, we always have a choice on how we deal with it. When pain first storms into gate crash our once pain free life, we may not rush in to give it a big welcoming hug, but we do need to listen to what messages it is bringing us.
Appreciating pain is not as bizarre as it sounds as it can bring about strengths in us that we never knew we had. Resilience, appreciation of the simple things in life, discovering inner strength and finding your new limits can all follow an encounter with pain.
If you are not ready to join the pain appreciation club just yet that is fine but maybe you could try and pick a few of the points to work on to help cope with this intruder better. Speedy healing sent to you from The Pain Appreciation Club ❤